Mr. Elsey is of counsel at Elsey & Peace located in Flower Mound, Texas. Elsey & Peace is a general practice law firm, which offers services in tax collections, business and corporate law, real estate law, employment law, family law, wills, trusts, and estates, as well as civil and commercial litigation. Mr. Elsey was selected as the 2013 Flower Mound Citizen of the Year and was also voted the Best Business Lawyer and the Best Oil and Gas Lawyer in Denton County multiple years.
Prior to opening his law practice within the LISD, Mr. Elsey spent eighteen years in the oil and gas business, both as an entrepreneur and as a senior executive, engaged extensively in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, business transactions, operations, and labor issues. Mr. Elsey has served in the capacity as President and COO for large corporations. Following his career in oil and gas, Mr. Elsey spent thirteen years as an adviser, consultant and counselor to company Boards, Chairman and CEO’s on a variety of issues for both small and large companies, including Fortune 500 Companies with operations throughout the world.
Mr. Elsey has been married to his high school sweetheart for 44 years and has three adult children and seven grandchildren, ages 6 to 14. Mr. Elsey is a member of the Bent Tree Bible Church and formerly served as a deacon at First Baptist Church, Lewisville.
Mr. Elsey is dedicated to the communities in which he lives, works, and represents. He volunteers for various schools, cities, committees, and non-profit organizations in the Denton County area. Honors and activities include, but are not limited to:
Honors & Awards
- 2013 Citizen of the Year – Flower Mound Chamber of Commerce
- Best Law Firm in Denton County – Seven consecutive years – 2006-2012
- 2011 Flower Mound Business of the Year
- Best Business Lawyer Denton County – Multiple Years
- Best Oil and Gas Lawyer Denton County – Multiple Years
- Chamber of Commerce President’s Award 2009
- Chamber of Commerce President’s Award 2008
- Chamber of Commerce Emerald Member
- Chamber of Commerce Legal Counsel, 2006 – Present
- Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee, 2006-Present
- Chamber of Commerce Board Member, 2006-Present
- Co-Founder of the Cross Timbers Rotary 2015 -fastest growing Rotary Club in the world.
- Leadership Advisory Committee, Board Member and Legal Counsel to the Cross Timbers Rotary
- Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound Chairman of the Governing Board, 2008-2016
- Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound Board of Managers 2016-?
- Friends of the Family Board Member, 2008
- Flower Mound Rotary Board Member, 2012, 2013
- Lewisville Education Foundation Board Member, 2013 – Present
- LEF Golf Committee Chair 2014-2016
- LEF VP Development 2016
- LISD Facilities Committee Member 2016-2017
- Friend of the Flower Mound Town Council, 2007-Present
- Leadership Flower Mound, 2009-2010
- Highland Village Business Association
- Sponsor, Child’s Advocacy Center for Denton County
- Sponsor, Community in Schools
- Sponsor, Christian Community Action
- Sponsor, Friends of the Family
- Sponsor, Boy Scouts of America
- Sponsor, YMCA
- Sponsor, Flower Mound Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsor, Lewisville Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsor, Denton Chamber of Commerce
- Sponsor, Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Sponsor, Strike Out Diabetes
- Sponsor, Flower Mound Rotary
- Sponsor, Denton Kiwanis Club
- Sponsor, Lewisville Independent School District Foundation
- Sponsor, Denton Independent School District Foundation
- Sponsor, Journey to Dream
- Sponsor, Argyle Independent School District
- Pro Bono Legal Services in excess of 200 hours annually
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma, J.D.
- Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas
Mr. Elsey is a graduate of Texas Christian University and the University of Tulsa School of Law. Mr. Elsey serves or has served as:
- Co-chair of the recently successful $737,500,000.00 bond referendum for the Lewisville Independent School District (“LISD”)(2017).
- A member of the Executive Committee and Board, and Legal counsel to the Flower Mound Chamber of Commerce (2016-Present).
- Chairman of the Governing Board of Directors for the THR Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound (2008-2016).
- A member of the Board of Managers THR Presbyterian Hospital of Flower Mound (2008-Present).
- VP Development and member of the Lewisville Education Foundation (LEF) Board of Directors (2012-Present).
- Co-Founder, Leadership Council and Board of Directors member for the Cross Timbers Rotary Club, the fastest growing rotary club in America (2015-Present).
- Member LISD Facilities Committee (2016).
- Past member of the Flower Mound Rotary Board of Directors (2013).
- Past member Friends of the Family Board of Directs.
Contact Chuck Elsey